Saturday, March 22, 2008

blog 3

What's my passion? My passion has changed once or twice in my lifetime. At this point in my life, I would say that I have two. One is writing poetry, which I am highly skilled at(if I may say so myself. Lol) The second is is dealing with the pregnant population, focusing on teen girls.

The way that I plan to follow my passion and obtain sucess in it is to consistantly place myself in these environments. As far as the poetry I will surround myself with people that share the same interest, I will introduce my poems to different people and I will read all my poetry focusing on the growth of my style from then to now. In doing so, I hope that someone will have some useful information that will help me in getting one step higher in accomplishing my goals.

When dealing with the pregnant population, I plan to get as much experience as possible. I want to be able offer emotional support and form bonds with these young women. I feel that I can relate to them in several ways and that I have a lot to offer. I plan to try my best and excel in this field so that it enables me to feel joy and excitement when I am going to work. This is very imortant to me; that I am happy with my career.  

Using my education at laguardia, I have learned that some of the simple things we do everyday can effect our overall quality of living. Having the true knowledge of what can help and also knowing how far the problem has come, In my opinion the issue of global warming is almost irreversable.

3 comments:

Jan Michael Dionisio said...

Hey nisha, i really would like to see some of your poetry! I think it's great you're trying to help teens with teen pregnancy..and i'm sure that you will go far since it seems your heart is really into it!

Maybe you can add a section in your blog for your poetry! i would love to see it!

Jocelyn Perez said...

Wow, I know you mentioned something about "liking" poetry but I had no idea it was a passion of yours. I also write poetry, and believe it to be one of the most beautiful forms of expressive language.
Interestingly enough, I took part in a program for peer educators at Steinway Family and Child Services, where we worked with pregnant teens and also teens that were profuse substance abusers. I understand how establishing relationships with these young girls can be, especially when they don't have the support of their families and feel they can't do this alone. This is great, and I hope you continue with this type of outreach. Not only will the mothers benefit from this, but I think you will also grow from the experience.
Its truly beautiful. Keep up the good work.=)
oh yea, your squashing my dreams here!...
=( saying global warming's irreversible...stay optimistic, for me=) lolz
ttyl Jocelyn=)

*Ms. Nisha* said...

Thanx for believing in me!!! yes my heart is definately in it. i feel I work better at something when I'm really into it, anyone in general for that matter. i would love to show my poetry but im not sure if it appropiate for this class blog.