Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"Open topic"

Awwww! How sweeT of the professor to give us such a light topic! I really appreciate that. Thank You Dr. X!!!

It's funny how when you're given a change to write whatever you want and a person still gets stuck from time to time; I tend to do that. I'll sit there like "Ummm, what should I write about?" because I believe that although the topic is open, there are still some sort of hidden expectations.

I consider myself and have been told that I am a good writer, but I always get "writer's block" before my pen begins to flow or the keys start sounding. I hate this! gets on my nerves and it frustrates me to the fullest extent. I often find myself also getting stuck when I have sooo much work to do in an assignment. I don't know where to begin. Does this ever happen to any of you? When I have this feeling of not knowing where to start, I start with what I already know and then come back to a specific area later. I'll usually leave a note to myself in parenthesis so i do remember to come back to it. When you look at my research paper so far, you'll see that I have this in there (just so none of you are confused).


In choosing to talk about Polar Bears being affected severely by global warming , something they have absolutly no control over, I got very worried. I feel like if this problem isn't stopped fast, they will become extinct. I will a part in a portion of unique history; I will be showing (if I make it that that far), my great- grands pictures of polar bears telling them "yeah, back in 2008, global warming was so terrible and this is why they no longer live today or they're very, very few left". I actually thought about it and I think it's so sad. :(

Again, as I have in an earlier blog, It also makes me a little scared because it's going to take a lot of team work for us all to pull together and make a change.

3 comments:

lisa said...

Hey Nisha,
This fear of yours about the polar bears becoming extinct feels like disavow. At the museum I saw a film in the biodiversity exhibit about all the animals that are becoming extinct every year. I don’t remember the number but I know it was an unimaginable one. I feel horrible for the polar bears and I hope we could save them with a lot of attention and effort. I also feel horrible about the way individuals are hurting the environment and how its effecting people. There should be two types of environmental injustice, one for people which is called environmental racism and another for animals which I don’t have a clue what they would call it.

christina said...

im glad to hear your writing about the polar bears it is really sad what happening to them and now you can be the voice for them which i feel is great :) here a pic i think is real cute.

http://plentifulplanet.com/images
/hello_out_there_2.jpg

Jocelyn Perez said...

I am glad you were able to narrow down your topic =) and will be writing about something that inspires such strong feelings for you.

I actually plan to go into Wildlife Conservation and Rehabilitation, so I hope to do my part in helping the species that are disappearing thanks to our selfishness.

The balance of several ecosystems depend on the survival of its fauna, take the bengal tiger, for instance. I saw a documentary and they keep the game animal populations low (boar, deer, elk).

I hope that people wake up fast, breathe in the carbon dioxide(dont mean literally, of course),and do something about all of this.

Our children and their children's children deserve to see polar bears, dolphins, tigers, pandas and sea turtles. And the animals deserve to be around to see them as well.

Jocelyn =)